Thursday, February 26, 2009

Detective Frank Marshall

I'm the senior detective of the Rocky Bluff P.D. That sounds far more important than it is. All it means is I've been holding the job far longer than Detective Doug Milligan. When my former partner retired, Milligan was the obvious choice to take his place. The young man displayed all the attributes to be a detective. He's intuitive and never gives up.

My biggest challenge was giving up cigarettes. I smoked all the time until it became politically incorrect--and unhealthy. Now I'm addicted to chewing gum. Something about taking out the pack of gum, unwrapping a stick, folding it up and putting it my mouth has kind of taken the place of lighting up.

My wife, Gwen, is mighty happy I finally kicked my nicotine habit. She tells me I smell and look better. Good thing she loves me, don't think she's noticed how bald I'm getting.

Being a detective is a great job. Don't know what else I would have done with my life.

Detective Marshall

No comments:

Post a Comment