Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mallory Cookmeyer

Even as a young girl, I wanted to be a wife and mother. I had this dream of becoming the wife of a minister, of reaching out to the underprivileged, helping those in need.

I met my future husband, Paul, when we were both going to college. He was extremely handsome and had this remarkable charisma. Always interested in everyone and what they were doing, he was the most popular man on campus--and it didn't even faze him.

Fortunately for me, once we began dating, he wasn't interested in anyone else even though the young women did everything to entice him away from me.

After we married, Paul worked as an assistant pastor to a large church in Santa Barbara. When he learned that a tiny non-denominational church in the beach community of Rocky Bluff was searching for a pastor, he immediately applied. He only had to preach for them once before he was hired.

It wasn't long before the church knew it had to expand and after a year of intensive fund raising, our new church buildings was constructed and we moved in.

Things were wonderful for awhile. I was kept busy helping with everything that was going on. Lately, though, I've felt empty and unneeded. There are so many women ready to do anything for my husband. I don't like to feel jealous because I know my husband loves me. But lately, he doesn't seem to have any time leftover for me.

Sorry, I didn't mean to unburden myself like this.

Mallory Cookmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment